Army Installation Management Command Nurse (CYS), NF-04 in Fort Carson, Colorado
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
This position is located at Fort Carson Child Youth School Services.
Learn more about this agency
- Works under the supervision of the CYS Coordinator or Program Operations Specialist with technical support/rating input supplied by the Installation Medical Authority or designated CYS Health Consultant.
- Serves as the CYS Health Specialist with responsibility for the implementation of health support services and special needs issues in all CYS.
- Ensures staff/providers follow risk management procedures (e.g., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures, accident prevention, etc.).
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with appropriate program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards, and assists in maintaining DoD certification.
- Assists in conducting CARAT evaluations as required. Conducts routine inspections of CYS programs in assigned areas. Ensures facilities/homes maintain appropriate standards for condition, health and sanitation.
- Coordinates with the designated CYS Health Consultant/CYS trainers to provide training for staff, providers and volunteers in designated health/special needs related training.
- Serves as the CYS Health representative to the Special Needs Resource Team. Coordinates with the EFMP Program Manager to ensure all available resources are explored and continuity of care maintained.
- Serves as the primary liaison between CYS and the installation medical authority. Communicates with CYS staff trainers, Community and Environmental Health Representatives, schools and primary care physicians .
- Maintains and analyzes data on instances of illness to determine trends and possible training needs. Maintains and monitors health supplies and first aide supplies. May be required to provide limited direct patient care.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- All required background checks in accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained including a CNAC and a health assessment.
- Successful completion of Foundation and Annual CYS Management Training is required.
- Maintenance of licensure required. Travel to on and off post locations required.
- Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority
- Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
Basic Requirements: Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Specialized Experience: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must have: 1. At least twelve (12) months professional nursing experience in pediatric care working with special needs children/youth; 2. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions; and, 3. The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434, SF 50 or equivalent, DD 214
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
You will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496422300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/11/2018 to 04/25/2018
Salary: $65,500 to $65,500 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent