Army Installation Management Command Education Liaison and Outreach Services Director NF-04 in Fort Carson, Colorado
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens Worldwide.
This announcement is being used to fill positions within Child, Youth and School Services.
For more information about NAF HRO go to: https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/and like us today!
Please include at least three professional references in your application package (resume, cover letter, etc.).
Learn more about this agency
- Performs duties under the general direction of the CYS Coordinator, who outlines program objectives and is available for discussion of complicated and unprecedented matters.
- Majority of assignments are performed independently with technical assistance from the CYS Coordinator when required.
- Applies professional knowledge to plan, implement, and supervise a comprehensive program that promotes positive growth and development of children/ youth/infants through 18 years old.
- Incumbent interprets, implements and monitors DA policies to include YESS and OS guidance, fee policies, program registration/enrollment, baseline standards and benchmarks, Key Management Controls, and space utilization goals.
- Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of staff and the safety and well being of children and youth IAW DoD, Army and local policies and standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1701 General Education And Training
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- All pre-employment checks of AR 215-3, 213, i and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained to include a Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- Health assessment is required.
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
- Travel to on and off post locations required.
Successful completion of a 4 year college or university degree with a major course of study/substantial course work which directly relates to a CYS field: early childhood / elementary / secondary / special education, child / youth development, psychology, youth program administration or a closely related field.
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in education or a field appropriate to education in addition to the below.
In addition to the above education requirement, must possess:
- Twenty-four (24) months working in child and/or youth programs.
- Program administration experience in child and youth programs (includes public schools and recreation program administration).
- The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
- Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills, and the ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
- The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434, Certificates, Diploma
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496481700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/10/2018 to 04/24/2018
Salary: $60,500 to $60,500 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent