Army Installation Management Command Administrative Support Assistant (CYS) NF-03 in Fort Carson, Colorado
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This announcement is being used to fill positions within Child, Youth and School Services.
The Fort Carson Child Development Centers (CDC) offer full day, part day, & hourly developmental programs for infants, pre-toddlers, toddlers, and preschool children ages 6 weeks to Kindergarten. Applicants interested in working at any of the CDC facilities MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts may be required.
The Fort Carson Youth Center offers a wide variety of recreational, educational, and social programs for middle and high school age teens. Applicants interested in working at the Youth Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Saturday, from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Split shift are required. This program has evening and weekend hours on a regular basis.
The Fort Carson School Age Center (SAC) is designed to accommodate children in grades 1 - 5 with an emphasis on encouraging physical, emotional, and social development. Applicants interested in working at the School Age Center MUST be available for scheduling: Monday thru Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Split shifts are required and there may be occasional evening and weekend hours.
Kids on Site offers 24/7 hourly child care for ages 6 weeks to 12 years in a variety of on and off post events. These hours can include early morning as well as late evenings depending on the event to include weekends. Applicants interested in working for the Kids On Site program must be flexible in their availability.
For more information about NAF HRO go to: https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
Please include at least three professional references in your application package (resume, cover letter, etc.).
Learn more about this agency
- Oversees the administrative management of the reception area of a CYS Program.
- Receives children, youth, parents, and other visitors in a courteous manner.
- Answers main telephone, ascertain nature of call and direct caller to appropriate staff takes a message or personally provides desired information. Provides customer service expected in a "First Choice" organization.
- Provides administrative support including typing/word processing, mail preparation, copying, distribution, telephone calls, and travel orders for CYS personnel.
- Using office automation equipment and word processing software, prepares a variety of correspondence, memorandums, briefings and Daily Activity and other reports required for day-to-day operation.
- Refers to agency regulations, flip charts, dictionaries, and other typical office reference materials to ensure proper format, grammatical accuracy, and correct spelling.
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations required.
- #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Travel to on and off post locations required.
- All required background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13,to include Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- Successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
- Health assessment is required.
- Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority.
- Progressively responsible administrative duties.
- Skill in operating a manual or electric typewriter and current automation system and software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel) required.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation and composition techniques needed to accurately type a variety of material from written sources or voice recordings.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. HIGHLY PREFERRED: Knowledge of formats, forms, typing policies and common terminology of the program for which the work is to be performed.
Candidates that meet the highly preferred criteria will be referred to the hiring manager first.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Military Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate if not named on PCS Orders, DA 3434, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, Diploma
- DD 1300
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496432600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/10/2018 to 04/24/2018
Salary: $29,113 to $29,113 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 3
Work schedule: Part-Time
Appointment type: Permanent