USAA Auto Adjuster-Liability in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented entry-level Auto Adjusters for our Colorado Springs contact center. Please note that our campus is located at 1855 Telstar Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
Come join our award-winning team! USAA was recently recognized by Forbes® as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and FORTUNE® magazine highlighted us as one of the World's Most Admired Companies®. We are proud to consistently receive outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
As an entry-level Inside Auto Adjuster - Liability for USAA, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to moderately complex auto claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will work under direct supervision to perform routine work assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events, understand member's needs and provide advice to deliver appropriate solutions to the member. Current insurance adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts. This position is in a contact center environment and does not require any travel or work outside the office.
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VxNXLnBnlw
- Provides AUTO/CASUALTY claims service via internal channels (phone/email/fax/mail/other electronic channels) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex auto claims. Severity of claims work includes liability, non-injury, and auto theft/fire losses.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of Property &Casualty insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverage's and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation. Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals and performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology. Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated catastrophic events.
- Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- The total amount of training time lasts for 15 weeks; this includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- Licensing training is provided. You must obtain your license within 3 testing attempts (paid for by USAA).
- Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Availability to work Monday - Friday, 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Schedules may vary based upon business needs.
- A 30% shift premium pay will apply to work hours scheduled after 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Up to 1 year of customer contact experience
- This position will require an Insurance Adjuster's license. You must pass a licensing exam within a designated number of attempts and can become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years customer service experience
- Contact center experience
- 6+ months of claims adjusting experience
- 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity
- Successful completion of military service
- Computer literacy in a Windows operation environment
- Ability to work in a phone intensive environment using a headset
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 28,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #11 in Forbes list of 500 of the "Best Employers in the U.S. in 2015", we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
At USAA, our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Auto Adjuster-Liability CO-Colorado Springs R0019773